Gtak Demo Version
The demo version of Gtak works with the demo version of Kontakt3, so anyone with a Guitar to MIDI converter, computer and soundcard can try the system. We do not have a Gtak5 or Gtak4 demo, but the Gtak demo covers almost all of Gtak5 and Gtak4's features.
The demo will also work in the full versions of either Kontatk3, 4 or 5 (although you may get reports of missing impulse response files in Kontakt4 or 5). The demo will not work with Kontatk6.
- Gtak demo: Download.
Installation is as simple as unzipping the file, and then placing the Gtak folder in your Kontakt library directory (see the Gtak manual for more details). Then, in Kontakt, just load the Gtak multi followed by the instruments you want to try.
In Kontakt5 you will get messages about missing sample files, this is because NI have moved all the samples. When the message comes up:
- check the box near the bottom for "Allow alternative file types"
- click "Browse for folder" then select the "Samples" folder under "Kontakt Factory Library"
- the samples should then all be found
- you can then save the instrument with the new sample paths
On some instruments there will be a few files still not found, these don't matter, so just click "Skip Missing" if this happens.
The main demo limitations are:
- Only 7 instruments - the same 7 that come with the Kontakt3 demo
- Instruments only run for 30 minutes
- State is not saved
- There is no config panel, so you can not change any of the things that are changed there (tuning, transposing, midi channels, automation modes etc)
The 7 instruments are (we didn't pick them, these are the ones that come with the Kontakt3 demo!):
- Jazz Basic: Organ
- Uilleann Pipes: NI set the drones to latch which can be confusing, you can turn the latching off in the Instrument panel.
- Green Bag - Urban Beats kit: patterns mapped to low E string, effects presets mapped to A string
- 808 Kit: with drum computer patterns mapped to low E string
- Cerulean: Synth Pad.